The Evolution of a Thumbnail
The latest project on LoL is Final Fantasy VI: Five Script Blitz, a video/article series where Mato compares five FF6 scripts all at once. We needed a name and logo for ~branding~, so I set to work.
At first, it was called “Five Script Mix”. I’m still learning the basics of design, so here’s the first process:
Mato wasn’t a fan of the gradient, and we also tweaked the name a bit, so this was the next one:
Perfect! Forever done. It’s the template we’ll use for all of them. Here’s day 2:
Buuuuut, wow Day 2 looks way too same-y when compared to Day 1. We gotta make a change. I tried to incorporate a screenshot that would best sum up each day, and it was messy at first:
Looking better, but the text on the bottom felt too busy and out of place. So I did another tweak:
Yeah!!! We got it!! … except …. There’s a typo in “comparison”. Well, gotta fix that:
Yessss, now we finally got it! This is the style we’ll use for the rest of the project.