Ever since Mato & I streamed Funky Fantasy 4, people have been asking for a Funky Fantasy 6. Because Final Fantasy 6 uses kanji in its script, machine translations are pretty competent and a lot less entertaining. AI is still pretty far behind the skills of human translators, though.
As a test, Mato ran Final Fantasy 6’s script through Google Translate and I’m combing through it now trying to see if it would be worth streaming. I’m only a fifth of the way done (god it’s huge), but here are some funny lines I’ve found so far:
- “Okay, the thinking should be stopped [NEWLINE] with the power of the head brain. [NEWLINE]
- Actually, I met an example girl.
- Kefuka “Hey, shoes of sand!
- Tina “Oh … my brother? [NEWLINE] Wow, I … I guess it’s a big bear ….
- [NEWLINE] I do not have ears to hear …
- Kefuka “Hey Cuts!” [NEWLINE] I will definitely return this mulberry!
- Cayenne “Somebody does not exist [NEWLINE] It’s been a while!
- Rock “ぐ [PAUSE_60] ぐ ぐ ひ ひ ~
- Let me tell you how to chocobo!
- Cayenne “As I thought [NEWLINE] I was a credible woman!
- Even if the world got fucked up [NEWLINE], even with such a stone [NEWLINE] ginger noodle …
The funny lines are few and far between, unfortunately! Not sure if we’ll stream this, but I’ll continue to post more funny goofs as I scrub through the script.